Famous resorts located on islands in the Indian Ocean attract more and more tourists from all over the world every year. After all, it is here that a wonderful holiday on sunny beaches, magnificent seascapes and good service await them.
Indian Ocean Recreational Resorts
Most of the Indian Ocean is located in the southern temperate and tropical zones. Its waters are washed by several continents, as well as islands, which are located in the most picturesque and pleasant corners of the planet.
- Sri Lanka;
- the island of Mauritius;
- Goa (small state in India).
Here are the most popular resorts, which are chosen by tourists from around the world.
The state of Sri Lanka (translated from the ancient language of India as “blessed land”), located on the island of the same name, until 1972 was a dominion within the British Empire and was called Ceylon.
The island is located in the southeast of India, teeming with magnificent nature and long coastlines with sandy beaches. It is washed by the waters of the Indian Ocean, the Laccadive Sea and the Bay of Bengal.
The subequatorial climate prevails here, which is characterized by a large number of humid and hot days in the summer season, very hot and dry - in the winter. These factors determine the large influx of tourists to the resorts of Sri Lanka. The best time to relax in the resorts of the island is considered to be the period from April to November, when the average temperature ranges from + 28 ° C to + 30 ° C.
All tourist sites in the country are located on the southern coast, where, surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes, there are clean sandy beaches, quiet bays and lagoons.
In this blessed land, tourists are given the opportunity not only to experience all the charm of a beach holiday with all kinds of entertainment (boat trips, surfing, diving and spearfishing), but also interesting excursions to historical and architectural sights.
The abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and spices of Sri Lanka will allow vacationers to enjoy a variety of national dishes, some of which are prepared only here.
The best resorts in Sri Lanka include:
- Mount Lavinia;
- Hikkaduwa and many others.
Almost all resort areas are located on the southern and western coast of the island state.
Resorts in the Indian Ocean are located on islands belonging to different continents. The South African island state of Mauritius is located in the southwestern Indian Ocean, east of the island of Madagascar, 20 parallel to the south of the equator line.
The climate here is tropical. Summers on the island are usually humid and hot. Temperature readings reach + 35 ° C. In the winter months, they do not drop below + 10 ° C.
It should be said that the summer season in Mauritius is characterized by frequent rains. Therefore, September, October and November are considered favorable months for a beach resort vacation.
Tourists on the island are waiting for sandy beaches, gentle sea, rich and varied flora and fauna.
The best beach areas are located on the northwest coast of the island nation. Many of them are free to visit, well-groomed, covered with very fine flour-like sand. The water in the water area is clean and warm. The condition of the adjacent water area and beaches is regularly monitored by local services. They are cleaned not only of algae, but also of corals.
The best resorts in Mauritius:
- Bel Ombre;
- Belle Mar;
- Le Morne (peninsula);
- Grand Bay;
- Tru o Bish;
It is noteworthy that all resorts are scattered along the coasts of the island state from different sides. They are in the west, south, east and north. There are many luxury five-star hotels here. Tourists will find good service, interesting excursions and a variety of water activities.
The Seychelles archipelago is located 1745 km from Mauritius, south of the equator, north of Madagascar, in the west of the Indian Ocean, 1600 km from the eastern coast of the African continent. It consists of granite and coral islands. There are more than 100 of them. Only 33 islands are inhabited by people.
The year-round temperature regime from + 25 ° C to + 34 ° C throughout the island nation determines the equatorial climate. The division into seasons is not particularly felt here. Rains are rare, almost always very warm and dry.
You can come to the Seychelles on vacation at any time of the year. The hottest and driest period is from May to October. The water temperature in the coastal area is from + 26 ° C to + 30 ° C all year round.
The beaches of the Seychelles are famous for their white sand, magnificent natural landscapes and warm clear waters of the Indian Ocean. All of them are available for relaxation. Here tourists are offered various water activities (boat trips, spearfishing, fishing, surfing, diving).
In addition to active recreation, you can take part in excursions and walks in the protected areas on the islands. There is an extraordinary nature with unique representatives of flora and fauna.
The best resorts in the Seychelles are located on different islands.
Among the most popular:
- Mahe (there are 59 hotels of different levels of service);
- Praslin (unique nature, magnificent beaches and good hotels);
- La Digue (there are several hotels on the island, a private beach, a calm environment for a secluded rest);
- Teresa (an island just over 700 m long is attractive for recreation for its pristine nature, clean water and a good beach);
- Denis (the territory is an eco-resort, there are 25 comfortable villas for living, good infrastructure, beautiful beaches);
- Frigate (there is a 5-star hotel of 16 villas, a good beach and a nature reserve);
- Feliste (this is a paradise with villas, residences, 5-star hotel, massage SPA-salons and nice beaches);
- North (this is one of the favorite vacation spots for tourists from different parts of the world; there are good hotels, villas, beautiful beaches and a high level of service).
Each of the islands of the Seychelles archipelago is unique and worth seeing.
Resorts in the Indian Ocean are not so far from each other.
The Republic of Maldives is located 700 km from the island state of Sri Lanka, on the southwest side of its coast in the Indian Ocean. It is located on an archipelago of 1192 islands of various sizes.
A subequatorial climate prevails on the territory of the island state, characterized by high air temperatures and high humidity in the summer. This is due to the effect of monsoons, which bring humid air from the ocean to the archipelago.
The air temperature in the Maldives during the year is between + 26 ° C and + 31 ° C. The best time to visit the islands is considered to be the period from January to April, when the rainy season lasts.
Holidays in the Maldives are popular with tourists all over the world. It is attractive for its comfortable hotels, good service, beautiful beaches, extraordinary nature and unforgettable seascapes.
The clear waters of the blue lagoons in the waters off the coasts of the islands are a favorite spot for divers and underwater hunters. In addition, vacationers can take part in trips to the islands, fishing, snorkeling (underwater excursions, where there is an opportunity to swim in a mask next to the ocean inhabitants).
Hotels for vacationers are scattered across all islands, which are divided into local, inhabited by locals, and resort islands, where only tourists live. They are delivered there by water and air transport.
The resort islands are home to bars, restaurants, souvenir shops, hotels, villas and beaches.
Among the most popular places for recreation with hotels, beaches and good service are the islands:
Many of those who have visited the Maldives call them a paradise on earth, despite the non-budgetary cost of a holiday on the islands.
Resorts, which are washed by the waters of the Indian Ocean, are located in different states of the eastern and southern hemispheres of the Earth.
The Indian Ocean washes the southern coast of one of the Indonesian islands called Bali. It is part of the islands of the Malay Archipelago and is located between mainland Asia and Australia, southeast of the Maldives (at a distance of 60,288 km) and Sri Lanka (at a distance of 5,580 km).
Those who have visited Bali once will never forget the magnificent landscapes, beautiful beaches, distinctive culture and local flavor of the island life.
The uniqueness of the island lies in the fact that here, in a relatively small area (its area is 5416 sq. Km), you can visit and see:
- ancient temples and palaces;
- many lakes with water the color of the sky;
- volcanoes, striking in their grandeur;
- beautiful beaches;
- the beauty of the ocean;
- endless rice plantations;
- caves and parks;
- green thickets of the jungle;
- waterfalls and thermal springs.
Equatorial climate and close location to the equator determine the year-round temperature regime on the island: from + 27 ° C to + 30 ° C. The ocean water temperature never drops below + 28 ° C. The best time to relax in Bali is considered to be the period from May to August, when there is no rain here.
The water area off the coast of the island is a popular destination for divers and surfers.
In addition to active recreation on the coast, in numerous restaurants, bars and cafes, vacationers can take part in excursions, enjoy SPA-procedures and traditional Balinese massage, attend musical, theatrical and dance performances.
In Bali, guests are offered accommodation in hotels, villas and family hotels of various levels of service. Excellent sandy and pebble beaches are located along the entire coast of Bali. There are many of them from the side of the Indian Ocean, where the tourist zones and the airport "Ngurah Rai (Denpasar)" in the city of Kuta are concentrated.
All island resorts are very popular with holidaymakers from all over the world.
- the city of Kuta (it has a well-developed infrastructure and clean beaches);
- Seminyak (this is not a budget option for holidays with expensive hotels and entertainment establishments);
- Jimbaran village (there are good beaches and water area where you can go diving and surfing);
- Nusa Dua area (there are closed clean beaches, comfortable hotels, SPA centers and a wide variety of entertainment);
- Tanjung Benoa (budget holidays are possible here, there are 3-star hotels);
- Sanur (this is one of the oldest resorts on the island, there is a well-developed infrastructure, people with different income levels, of different ages, families with children can relax);
- Ubud (this is a secluded place in the bosom of pristine nature, conducive to a quiet rest).
Bali is called paradise on earth. Those who have been here at least once dream of coming to the island again.
Resorts in the Indian Ocean are located not only on the islands, but also on the continents.
The tourist resort of Goa is the smallest state in India. It is located on its western coast and is washed by the waters of the Arabian Sea, which is the open part of the Indian Ocean.
The resort town is located:
- 1,358 km from the Maldives;
- 2,965 km from the Seychelles;
- 4 356 km from the state of Mauritius;
- 4,980 km from the state of Sri Lanka;
- 9 254 km from Bali.
Goa has a subequatorial climate. It determines the weather conditions that are attractive for tourist recreation. It is hot and humid here from May to October. From September the weather becomes more favorable. Temperatures are falling and there is less rainfall.
From late December to February, the state is most comfortable during the day when the air temperature does not exceed + 31 ° C during the day and does not drop below + 20 ° C at night.
Goa has long been one of the most popular resort destinations for tourists from all over the world. You can relax here all year round.
Many kilometers of lines of beaches covered with golden sand, comfortable hotels, beautiful seascapes, national cuisine and flavor, all this from year to year attracts many tourists here.
In addition to recreation on the coast and a variety of water activities, tourists can enjoy exciting excursions to local attractions, waterfalls, nature reserves and temples.
The tourist state of Goa is divided into the North, where rest can be budgetary, and the South - with expensive hotels, closed beaches.
Among the popular resorts in North Goa:
- Anjuna (the place is distinguished by a large number of nightlife venues and a large beach);
- Baga (has a large beach);
- Morjim (has a developed infrastructure, popular with tourists from Russia);
- Candolim (there are expensive hotels, a large beach);
- Vagator (has several beaches, is a favorite place for young tourists).
The most popular resorts in South Goa:
- Palolem (is one of the most expensive resorts and has the best beach in the entire state);
- Colva (famous for its developed infrastructure, here you can find budget accommodation in several hotels);
- Varca (there are many good hotels and beaches);
- Utorda (a place with a beautiful beach is suitable for lovers of quiet secluded relaxation);
- Cavelossim (has a high level of service and a beautiful beach);
- Benaulim (provides an opportunity for a budget holiday in the presence of a beautiful beach area).
Goa resorts are saturated with national flavor and are quite comfortable. Tourists have a choice between budget and expensive services.
The best beaches in the Indian Ocean
Resorts in the Indian Ocean are appreciated not only for excellent weather conditions and good service. They are loved for their beautiful nature, sea air and beautiful beaches.
p / p
|Resorts||Top beaches (location or name)|
Going on vacation to the sunny resorts located in the Indian Ocean, everyone can choose a place to their liking, focusing on their preferences and financial capabilities. Beautiful beaches, good villas and hotels await guests all year round.
Video about the resorts of the Indian Ocean
Seychelles. The Beauty and Power of the Indian Ocean: