- Top is the most interesting sights of India
- architectural objects and monuments of India
- historical monuments of India
- What Museums of India is worth visiting
- Cathedrals, churches, temples of India
- Parks, gardens and squares of India
- Land of living bridges
- Kanch Park
- Park Ranthambor
- Paleontological and archaeological sights of India
- Natural attractions of India
- Resorts and hotels in India
- Modern objects, interesting for visiting
- Top - places suitable for relaxing with a child
- Independent route for tourist
- Video about the sights of India
India, Its attractions and incredible contrasts of modern and traditional heritage, the weave of religions and cultures, dashing spices and incense attracts with their mysteriousness of any tourist.
Coloric country with a bright riot of paints, where luxury borders with an endless poverty, where street monkeys can steal food in supermarkets, where hundreds of nationalities live with their customs, traditions and religion. Cities of high technology along with the wildlife of the jungle, deserve attention.
Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kerala, Mumbai and many others are administrative and cultural - historical importance for the whole world. Each of them, in its own unique, with its history, flavor and values.
Top - 10 of the most interesting sights of India
India, its attractions and the most interesting places of the country, on tourists reviews:
- Red Fort in Delhi - one of the most symbolic features of the Indian capital. Built from red sandstone, the medieval case consists of workshops, office space, mosques and markets. This UNESCO World Inheritance facility is located in an area of 48 hectares.
- The gate of India in Rajput are located in the most prestigious area of the city of Deli. They were erected in memory of the dead soldiers during the First World War. The height of the arch reaches 50 meters, and under the arch is an eternal flame called Amar Janevan Jiii.
- Buddha Park Jayanti - a beautiful and well-kept garden with splashing lawns. and blooming flowers on the territory of the forest reserve. One of the most modern buildings in Deli.
- The church of Krishna Iskcon was built in 1998, and his main attraction was considered to be the Museum of the Temple and the prayer hall.
- Kachn Park - one of the most beautiful and huge reserves in Asia. Interestingly: R. Cypling wrote his work "Jungle Book", inspired by visiting the park in India.
- Jahu Hill is 2 km from Shimla and towers 2455 m above sea level. In addition to a beautiful horizon, you can find many local monkeys, which take food from the hands of tourists.
- The national symbol of Indians is the banyan sacred tree. By local beliefs of the Hindus and Buddhists, this tree symbolizes fertility and eternal life.
- from a height of 67 meters, a cascade descend into deep gorge, Chadwick's water. It is better to look at the waterfall in September, after the end of the monsoon, when the wind increases the speed and number of water flows.
- Feel the breath of centuries in Rajastane at an altitude of 180 meters, in the ancient monument of the country - Forte Chittorgarh, which is located near the borach river and occupies 280 hectares of the territory.
- The house of one of the seven wonders of the world - The majestic monument dedicated to the symbol of love. - Mausoleum Taj - Mahal in the city of Agra. was built by the Grand Sultan Shah - Jahan in honor of his beloved Third Wife, who gave birth to him 14 children.
Architectural facilities and monuments of India
Since ancient times, Indian civilization has developed and experienced difficult periods of its formation. Its unmatched architecture, made in different styles, displays all the multifaceted culture, national traditions and customs. Indian art embodies the elements of architecture in charge with sculptures, where the first place is always occupied by a symbolism dedicated to religion.
The symbol of purity, peace and divinity embodies Lotus Temple. This architectural heritage was opened in 1986 and is dedicated to the culture of Hinduism. The Church of Bahai or Lotus Temple is considered the most visited place in the world, up to 150,000 people take place every day.
The external facade of the prayer house is represented as a nine-sided design located on an area of 10.5 hectares and a height of 40 meters. The temple complex consists of 27 petals, representing the marble lotus flower on the edge of flowering surrounded by its leaves. There is a temple near Square Nehru in New Delhi.
Lotus Temple One of the seven Baháicy worship house is open to everyone, regardless of their religion.
Jewelery of Muslim art, architecture and world heritage - a huge Mausoleum of White Marble Taj Mahal. The built complex in Agra in Uttar - Pradesh approximately in 1631 - 1648, the great emperor Mogolov Shah - Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The architectural object covers almost 17 hectares of the square.
The integrity of mosques, tombs, a guest house and the main gates of the complex is preserved to this day. The Miracle of Mongolian architecture combines Islamic, Iranian and Indian styles and represents a set of buildings, cathedrals, gardens, lakes and fountains with organic symmetry. Three gates in Iranian style, several buildings from red brick, central fountain and four reservoirs.
I wonder: to protect the people's orphanage from environmental pollution, the Indian court forbade the use of coal or coke in the industry located in the area of the architectural structure at a distance of 10,000 square meters. km around the Taj Mahal. Now, the famous mausoleum is one of the most visited places and is considered a monument of love and loyalty.
Historical monuments of India
India, the sights of which appeared from historical mixtures of cultures, food and religious places were made from various eras, rich in traditions and customs of peoples. This is the place of birth of architectural monuments and famous temples that symbolize the life and flavor of the country. Memories and testimony of the whole era of the Board of Mughal, the Red Fort in Delhi is considered.
The magnificent structure appears not only by the symbol of the history of India, but also the greatest pride of the country. Fort was built by the emperor of the Great Mogolov Shah - Jahan about 1638 - 1648. Today, this medieval complex is an object of visiting tourists and a venue for Indian national holidays, in particular 15 August - Independence Day of India.
On the territory of Fort has the oldest Bazaar in the world of Meena Bazaar.
The fortress consists of four main parts:
- Sofa - and - Has or hall of the private audience, where the emperor courtyard was, and held meetings.
- Sofa - H - AMN or the hall of the public audience, where the royal throne was located, and the courts passed.
- Rank Mahal or Palace of Flowers, consists of six huge premises separated by arched colleums.
- Has Mahal or the Private Palace of the Emperor, where the halls were located: Tasbichan (Chamber of Speaking Bus), Vobboga (Sleeping Hall), Living room.
Red Fort mesmerizes visitors with its regal charm, sound and light shows are staged and tickets can be purchased locally. Located in the eastern part of Rajpath in the central Delhi, the 42 meters high stone arch is known as the Gateway of India.
This building was built in 1931 to commemorate the Indian soldiers who died in World War I and those who died on the northwestern frontier during the Afghan War in 1919. Their names are inscribed on the walls of this grandiose structure, and in 1971, the Eternal Flame of Amar Javan Jyoti was lit here.
Soldiers in uniform stand guard over the flames, and a shiny rifle topped with a soldier's helmet was set on a high pedestal near the fire. Every year, on January 26, on the Day of the Republic of India, laying to the eternal flame, a large-scale parade with bright folk dances and colorful ceremonies are held here.
October is the time for the three-day music festival Swar Utsaw at India Gate. During the extravaganza there are performances by the best Indian musicians. The Red Fort is open to the public around the clock, entrance to the territory is free.
Which museums in India are worth visiting
India is rich in its culture, architectural structures and national museums. Here, local museums do not have to be boring, so it is best to take the whole family on the most entertaining and exciting trips.
- Shivalik Frossil Park Museum in Sirmur, Himachal Pradesh is one of the most interesting museums in Asia, has a huge collection of prehistoric skeletons animals and fossils. The Shivalik Park Fossil Museum displays life-size models of extinct mammals and other animals made from fiberglass and resins. The museum is open from 10:00 to 17:00, daily except Tuesday.
- Old Museum Indian Museum in Kolkata, includes whole exhibits of fossils, artifacts and remains of ancient animals. Only in the Indian Museum in Calcutta, besides Egypt, you can see Egyptian mummies. The museum is open from 10:00 to 17:00, every day except Monday.
- The International Puppet Museum in Delhi was established in 1957 and is housed in the Children's Book Foundation building. Here are collected exclusive dolls from the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Asian countries. The museum consists of two sections, which contain more than 160 showcases. Different costume dolls are exhibited inside the showcases, their number reaches about 6,500 copies from all countries of the world. Works museum from 10:00 to 18:00, daily, except Monday.
- One of its kind and most famous in India - Antarangian Museum of Sexual Health In Mumbai (Antarang Museum of Sexual Health Information in Mumba) offers visitors information about sexual human health, human body, venereal diseases and reproductive processes. There are a variety of sculptures in the original size and image of sexual intercourse, you can also listen to informative lectures on female and male health. The entrance to the museum is allowed only to persons who have reached 18 years old, from 09:00 to 16:00, daily, except for the resurrection.
All Museums of India demonstrate its rich culture, her legacy, her preaching and local flavor. Here everyone will find an exciting story for themselves or an interesting journey.
Cathedrals, Churches, India Temples
India, the attractions of which are varied, includes Sikkim, considered to be a spiritual region of the state. Here is the most important center for the development and history of Buddhism. The Rumtek Monastery Complex was built in 1966 and is the repository of invaluable artifacts, statues from precious metals, exotic ritual attributes.
Especially interesting here in February, when Buddhist monks spend the ritual of Dance Mahakaly. Before the dance, for a month, the monks pray. At the end of February, wear bright masks and multicolored robes, they drum down with the sound of the drum dance and call for good, love and harmony to the whole world. The Temple of Tara Devi has 250 years. It is located 11 km from Shimla on the top of the Shankar slope.
According to beliefs, the temple was built kings from the Saint dynasty in honor of their family deity goddess Tara. The picturesque temple and its surroundings, against the background of high Himalayas, fascinate and capture the spirit. The Iskcon Temple in Delhi is artistic splendor. Its main attraction is the Central Prayer Hall and the Temple Museum.
The inner walls of the temple are decorated with the aesthetic works of artists describing the different phases of the life of various deities: Radha - Krishna and Sita - Rama. In the museum you can see the wonderful sculptures of idols and deities with their religious directions depicting Krishna and his spiritual abode.
Interesting events and festivals are constantly held here:
- Dzhanmashtami - Worship dedicated to the birth of Krishna;
- Festival Chariot RAT - Yatra;
- Diwali light holiday;
- Flower holiday associated with the arrival of spring.
The Golden Temple of India Harmandir - Sahib is built in the middle of an artificial lake and the passage to it lies through a marble bridge. This is the most revered place of Indian temples among believers. The name of the religious building comes from covering its upper floors with real gold in the 19th century.
Pilgrims from all over the world flock to this shrine for enlightenment, and tourists for amazing sights and impressions.
Parks, gardens and squares of India
India opens its attractions in incomparable gardens and amazing parks that stretch across the country from Kashmir to Kerala and the Arabian Sea. Depending on the terrain of the area, the parks provide ample opportunity to get acquainted with the local flora and wildlife.
The land of living bridges
The most original place on the planet is Cherrapunji. This is the land of living structures from the rhizomes of trees. The rainiest and wettest place in the country is in the Meghalaya state of India, at an altitude of 1300 m above sea level. The damp climate favors the rapid development and growth of rubber ficuses in the canyons of Cherrapunji.
From the rhizomes of rubber plants, the locals weave structures for crossing the rivers of the canyons, known as the living bridges of India. It may take 15 years to create one such reliable and ecological river crossing.
Kanha National Park, located in the state of Madhya Pradesh, 160 km from the city of Jabalpur. On the territory of 940 sq. km live tigers, leopards, bears, pandas and Indian wild dogs. The park is famous for its programs to preserve populations of endangered species of animals.
A distinctive feature of the Ranthambore National Park is its close proximity to the capital of the country. The park is located on a rocky surface, on its territory there is a fortress, which was built in the 10th century, and several transparent lakes.
Leopards, jackals, crocodiles, mongooses and tigers live here. The reserve has a rich flora, where the conditions for animals are as close as possible to their natural habitat.
Paleontological and archeological sights of India
India, whose sights are reflected in archeology and history, does not leave anyone indifferent, strikes with power and splendor. Tourists come here to get acquainted with the unique heritage of the richest culture and architecture of the ancient peoples, who have preserved centuries-old traditions.
- The Archaeological Museum of Khajuraho was created on the basis of the most ancient temples decorated with statues and sculptures. The museum has about 84 temples whose age is over 1000 years. According to historians, the whole system of temples was created by the powerful genus of Changeillons in the 10-12 centuries. To date, only 22 facilities have been preserved in the original form. The foundation of the museum was laid back in 1910, and in 1967 a museum exhibit was built, where the works of the arts of the whole era found in Khdzhuraho were collected. A bright celebrity of the museum is considered the statue of God Ganesh with head in the form of an elephant, there are also exhibits of the divine statues of the Buddha, Suri, Vishnu. New excavations continue on the territory of the museum, and the found exhibits are restored and the walls of the temples are replenished.
- Archaeological Park Champaner - Pavagadh is located on the expanses of the picturesque landscape of Gujarat. This is the place of the ideal combination of Hindu and Muslim religious architectures. Hill Pavagarch is considered a unique ancient formation in a rock. On it, at an altitude of 800 m above sea level, the park was located, which consists of monuments and Indian temples of the prehistoric era. There is an ancient citadel, many buildings and military structures, palace and water structures. Once, these places have formed the capital of the Empire of Mahmouda. They accounted for a chain of fortifications from meadows and plains to the peaks of Pavarha.
Natural attractions of India
Snow-covered mountains, warm, sandy deserts, tropical beaches and magnificent green jungle - all this perfectly coexists at one paradise corner of the world. In India, its many natural attractions are the Heritage of UNESCO.
Fascinating Tours to Visit:
- The valley of flowers in the state of Uttarakhand, not far from the cities of Grozal and Joshimath, is at an altitude of 3858 m Over the sea level and is located in the western region of Himalayas. The fabulous place covers an area of about 80 square meters. km, where it grows up to 600 species of colors and medicinal plants. A variety of animals are also living here: Blue sheep, snowy leopards, asian black bears. I wonder: from June to September, the valley is fully covered with blooming plants of all sorts of shades and colors. A unique place annually collects many biologists, nerds and just tourists for research and loving surroundings.
- Picturesque marshes and lagoon of Kerala there are about 217 wetlands, which account for the fifth of the state. Unique ecosystems, extensive lakes, creek and rice fields on the plains are one of the most interesting places for excursions.
- Cascade of the Mighting Waterfall Dhuandhar in translation means "stream of smoke" and this name fully corresponds to a mad flow by spewing the fog when water drops. Located a waterfall in the mountainous terrain of the region of Jabalpur Indian state of Madhya - Pradesh. Its height reaches 30 meters, and the water is erupted into the picturesque gorge marble rocks. His origins, the waterfall takes from the Narmada River. According to local beliefs, the water of this river is washed away from a person sins and bad thoughts.
Resorts and hotels in India
India offers diverse rest to its guests. There are ski resorts, and tropical, sea beaches, and unmatched villages among the jungle. Resort Spa is the Westin Sohna Resort and Spa Hotel, hidden in secluded places on the farm lands Serey in Haryana, can be an ideal place for family holidays.
It is located close to the capital, on the territory of green forests. The hotel provides many entertainment for adults and children, such as: a local zoo with hares, game lawns, playgrounds for cricket games, tennis courts, pony riding and cycling. From winter resorts, Khuber Himalayan Resort and SPA uses extremely popular.
The hotel offers first-class comfort for its guests. There is a resort near the Gulmarg lift, one of the highest in Kashmir. This is the perfect place for winter holidays in December in Kashmir. From entertainment for children, there is an indoor heated pool, a kids club, mini-theater.
While children will be under the closer attention of trained personnel, adults are offered skiing, trekking, walking with the guide, snooker.
The resort is famous for its comfortable amenities and unmatched surroundings. For a beach holiday, one of the most picturesque and distant from the city bustle of the beaches, the Best Picturesque Beach Palolem is considered. Surrounded by thick thickets of coconut palms, about 2 km long, located in the south of Goa, the beach resort offers accommodation for every taste and wallet.
The feature of the Hotel Palolem is its temporary coconut huts on the seafront with maximum amenities. The tourist season begins from October to March. On the beach there are many shops, restaurants, yoga classes and wellness treatments.
Palolem organizes for guests: boating walks, fishing, travel in search of dolphins, day trips to Cotigao Reserve, parties on the seafront. The inexpensive alternative to the huts on the seafront, offer Summer and Crowd hostels or Sai Hotel Summer. More expensive vacation option, the beaches of South Goa are considered.
Hotels are an order of magnitude more expensive, which can be seen from the comparative table:
|Name of the Resort Hotel||location, beach||Type||Cost of accommodation per day for two, pounds|
|TAJ Exotica Resort & Spa, Goa||Calvado Benaulim 10 km from Beach Waddi, Varka and Kolva||Family resort with 3 restaurants and a spa full Spectrum of services||188.0|
|Azaya Beach Resort||Calvado Benaulim 10 km from Beach Waddi, Ward and Kolva||A luxury resort with 3 restaurants and free breakfast||110.0|
|Alila DIWA GOA||10 km from the beaches of Majorda, Kolva and Uttor. Beach Acrossim and Benaulim||5-star family resort||107.0|
|Kenilworth Beach Resort & Spa||Located on the beach In Utilities, 10 km from the beaches of Acrossim, Kolva and Utilities||5-star family resort||97.0|
|Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort||Located in Cavelosxime, on the beach, 1 km from Cavelyosssim Beach and 2.7 km from Mobor Beach.||4-star beach hotel with full range of spa services||87.0|
Modern objects interesting for visiting
India has its own attractions in architectural properties of modernity. One of these monuments is the statue of unity in the state of Gudjara, which is four times higher than the statue of freedom, reaches 182 meters in height and has 50 floors. Sculpture depicts the founder of the Republic of India - Sardar Valabkhbaya Patel, who is dressed in national clothes.
The monument is also known as the Iron Man of India, due to the fact that scrap metal for her was going throughout the country. The construction of the monument took four years, 210,000 cubic meters of cement, 25,000 tons of steel and 1,700 tons of bronze, and the cost of manufacture was 314 million pounds of sterling.
The elevators rise to a height of 153 meters, on the viewing platform and can transport up to 15,000 tourists daily. The museum on the territory of the monument is up to 40 thousand documents, 2 thousand photos and research center dedicated to the life and activities of the first minister of the Interior.
The National Gallery of Modern Art is famous for its collections of modern Indian art, offering its visitors about 4,000 paintings, sculptures and graphics by contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the eastern part of Rajpath, near the Gateway of India.
In the same area, there is another modern landmark - the popular Connaught Place market. Here you can buy fashion, jewelry, art, leather goods, books by contemporary writers and poets, Indian-made clothes.
Top 5 places suitable for families with children
Undoubtedly, India is definitely worth visiting with children. Mild, temperate climate all year round, sea, sun and fruits. Even during the hottest hours of the lunch period, the sun does not burn or bake.
Indians are very kind to children, but the capital can offer the best places to relax with a child:
- Water park for the whole family Fun N Food Village in the old part of the Delhi Gurgaon Highway, was inaugurated in 1993 by former Indian President Jani Zale Singh. A large wave pool, the longest waterslide in the country, and an indoor snow park are considered Fun N Food's top attractions. The water park is famous for its green, manicured lawns, open-air theater, performances by local artists and exhibitions of artisans. The amusement park has more than twenty rides, among them the most popular Mono Rail and Flying Carpet, high-speed racing slides, a beauty salon and parent wellness center for parents, four shops with drinks and food.
- The National Zoological Park of Delhi is a huge area where the habitat of animals is closest to their natural conditions. The ecological park was opened in 1959 with the aim of preserving endangered animal species. Today, about 1350 species of animals and 130 species of birds native to Africa, Australia, and America live here. There are lions, hyenas, hippos, wild African bison, zebras. Unique plants and rare species of trees grow on the territory of the ecological system. The underground reptile room attracts both adults and children. Swamp crocodiles, Indian turtles, Indian sand boas live in it.
- East Delhi Adventure Park offers original attractions for the whole family to enjoy. Interesting obstacle courses of varying difficulty in the jungle, rope bridges and crossings among trees, bungee rides, archery are offered by EOD Adventure Par. For an additional fee, you can ride a boat on Sanjay Lake and have a snack in the EOD food court.
- In the very center of the capital, the Jantar Mantar planetarium is located, where you can admire the constellations of the solar system through huge telescopes, listen to thematic stories and lectures, and participate in astronomical events. The complex was built in 1724, so it is considered one of the oldest buildings in the country.
- In the west of India, in the city of Ahmedabad, there is a children's museum Kalpana Mangaldas. Here you can see a lot of toys, masks of different gods, crafts, ship models, weapons and musical instruments of Indian origin. A special attraction for children will be a life-size elephant skeleton 3.2 meters high. The museum will tell and show the culture of India. After, you can visit the Museum of kites in Ahmedabad, which contains a huge collection of various kites from around the world. Every year, on January 14, the International Kite Festival is held here.
The possibilities of recreation options that India offers are quite wide and varied. Amazing nature, bright colorful clothes of local residents, delicious fruits, warm, sunny beaches, exciting rides, incomparable water parks and entertaining animals will not leave indifferent even the smallest guests of the country.
India can be seen from the inside in one day by choosing the best walking tour of the capital.
To do this, you need to:
- get to India Gate by metro (Pragati Maidan station) or buses (Baroda House and Akbar Road stops);
- there are several popular places to eat near the gate: Le Meridien Hotel, Inter - Continental Hotel, Parikrama Revolving Restaurant;
- on the left side of the Gate, at a distance of 40 minutes, there is a government office and the official residence of the President of the country - Rashtrapati Bhavan;
- in the same area you can visit the National Gallery of Modern Art and the popular Connaught Place Market;
- walk along the alleys of the park and go to the Indian Constitution Memorial;
- a short walk from the presidential residence, there is a metro station, Central Secretariat station, if you get from it to Akshardham station, then, after half an hour, you can see the largest temple of Hindu culture - Akshardham, which was listed in the Guinness Book of Records;
- In the evening, it is best to visit one of the business centers of Delhi - Rajiv Chowk, using the metro and getting off at the Rajiv Chowk station. Here you can deliciously dine in the Indian restaurant Saravana Bhavan;
- And if there is forces, you can walk to the Red Fort in Old Delhi, which is at a distance of about 2.5 km from Rajiv Chowk.
India - attractions and religious places, temples and museums, national parks and resort zones will travel here, one of the bright events in the life of any tourist. Such a variety of and exotic country is deeply rooted in a distant past, whose echoes are preserved to our time in its unique attractions.
Registration of Articles: Ilchenko Oksana
Video about the sights of India
What is worth viewing in India to each tourist: